We are on a mission to help students who learn and think differently to navigate challenges in education and reach their potential. We were founded by two study needs assessors, bringing unique insight into the unmet needs of students with specialist learning requirements.
Our first product, ‘Booost’, is a time management, study advice and mental health support tool, built as a cross-platform Flutter app with a Laravel-based CMS. It is designed specifically for students with executive function and mental health challenges, and is available through the Disabled Students’ Allowance, a government-funded initiative for additional study-related costs incurred due to studying as a disabled student. Since launching in October 2021, Booost has already exceeded expected uptake and received extensive positive feedback.
We are currently working on a new product to launch into the same market (details are Top Secret!).
We want to make a difference in the lives of students who think and learn differently, by building considered, insight-driven products that take advantage of the latest technologies. And now we are looking for a Mid-weight PHP Developer to join our small but ambitious development team on this exciting journey.
We are looking for an experienced mid-weight PHP developer to work alongside the senior backend engineer to help develop new and existing products. You will support any maintenance and upgrades for existing products, helping to plan new feature sprints and identifying areas for improvement, working in partnership with the UX designer and senior application engineer.
You will have autonomy to work on assigned tasks as well as part of the team. You will also work closely with the lead developer who will also be available in a mentorship capacity.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, motivated and shares our goal of using our technical skills to make a difference.
Essential skills & experience
- Demonstrable commercial experience creating applications with PHP
- Laravel framework
- MySQL databases
- Minimum 3 years experience
- API Development
- Great communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and enjoys the ups and downs of start-up life
Desirable skills (not required)
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure, AWS
Hours & location
This is a fully-remote position. We have a small office in Oxford for occasional meetings, but it is not required of you to travel there.
We are looking for someone full-time, but can be flexible with working hours (we have families and understand the importance of flexibility!).
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote working within the UK
- Flexible working (open to discussions about any working patterns!)
- Hardware & tech setup allowance
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Volunteer days
- The chance to work on new technologies
- Learn new skills and build on your experience
- Working for an exciting start up with a mission to help students with learning disabilities